Ursuline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think Ammaji trying to say?

+2
brebre13
ZaZu13
6 posters

Go down

What do you think Ammaji trying to say? Empty What do you think Ammaji trying to say?

Post  ZaZu13 Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 pm

In chapter three Ammaji says something that caught my attention; " 'But the world is round...Wait and see! Even if it appears he is going downhill, he will come up out on the other side. Yes, on top of the world. He is just taking the longer route.' " In your personal opinion, what do you think Ammaji is trying say?
ZaZu13
ZaZu13

Back to top Go down

What do you think Ammaji trying to say? Empty Re: What do you think Ammaji trying to say?

Post  brebre13 Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:46 pm

i think Ammaji is trying to say that everyone reaches their goals at their own pace. so even though it looks as though Sampath is failing, in time he will rise up to success. and perhaps the opposite is true, that the successful can take a downturn if they let success go to their heads. she was trying to comfort the parents in that one day, Sampath would reach success. Foreshadowing??

brebre13

Back to top Go down

What do you think Ammaji trying to say? Empty Re: What do you think Ammaji trying to say?

Post  kjwalsh13 Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:53 pm

i think that Ammaji is trying to say that Sampath would have a chance to be great even if it took him a little longer

kjwalsh13

Back to top Go down

Post  kelseyg13 Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:00 pm

When Ammaji said this I think that she was just trying to be optimistic about Sampath's situation and trying to bring hope to the family. I also agree with Brebre13 that Ammaji was trying to comfort Sampath's parents when she said this and I think that she is also just a generally optimistic person. Even in the very first chapter when Mr. Chawla is questioning his wife's strange behavior Ammaji says "She is in a very delicate stage. Wait a little and maybe she will come out of it". In both places Ammaji is shown as a very positive and hopeful person. I think that this quote was just another way for the author to develop Ammaji's character as idealistic.

kelseyg13

Back to top Go down

Post  cait13 Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:11 pm

I think Ammaji is advising Sampath's family to not judge him too harshly too quickly. She's seen more of the world than any other person in the family, and she knows that judging too quickly can be irrational. She is trying to make them understand that even if it seems that Sampath is going down the hill, he may come back up again on a different hill. Ammaji is advising that the family wait until he comes around again. He may not come back the way they want him too, but she has confidence that he'll come back around.

cait13

Back to top Go down

Post  julia p (: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I agree with Katie. I think that Ammaji was just trying to support him and have faith in him. She was trying to give other people confidence that he could be a great person, he may just be a late bloomer, but you don't know what could happen in the future for him.

julia p (:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum