Ursuline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Significance of Pinky?

5 posters

Go down

Significance of Pinky? Empty Significance of Pinky?

Post  BeccaNicole Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Could Pinky be considered as Sampath's foil in Hulabaloo? She seems like the comic relief, and she strives to live the best life she can, with the highest fashions, and impressing others, while Sampath seems to have given up in life.

I also find it ironic that Pinky who works harder than her lazy brother, helps less people than Sampath, who sits in a tree.

BeccaNicole

Back to top Go down

Significance of Pinky? Empty Re: Significance of Pinky?

Post  cait13 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Yes, Pinky could definitely be the foil to Sampath in this novel. The work and effort she puts into what people think of her is opposite to Sampath, who simply is apathetic about his work and life.

I agree with the irony, as well!

cait13

Back to top Go down

Post  kelseyg13 Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 pm

I think that Pinky could definitely be considered Sampath's foil. She was completely concerned with materialistic things such as makeup and clothes, but Sampath was unconcerned with wordly things. He probably would have been happy to never have to socialize again, but Pinky cherished her weekly trips to town as a way to interact with other people.

kelseyg13

Back to top Go down

Significance of Pinky? Empty Significance of Pinky?

Post  sarah13 Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

i agree with your point that Pinky is the foil of Sampath. they truly are complete opposites. and there different personalities really play off each other giving their characters more depth. and i love your point of how Sampath has helped more people sitting in a tree telling people riddle than Pinky ever has even in her most determined mood.

sarah13

Back to top Go down

Post  Bipes5 Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

I agree with all of these points mentioned. I also feel that the author is trying to let readers know that it doesn't matter if you dress nice or have a high social order to help people. Sampath basically has nothing, and he helps people plenty. Maybe the author is trying to point out how materialistic the world has become, and how all that stuff really doesn't matter that much at all. What matters is that we do the best with what we have.

Bipes5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down