Ursuline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was with the end?

4 posters

Go down

What was with the end? Empty What was with the end?

Post  Ashley13 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 pm

At the end of the book, something fell into Kulfi's cooking pot. What fell into the pot? Why did the author not tell the reader what fell in the pot?

Ashley13

Back to top Go down

What was with the end? Empty Re: What was with the end?

Post  Bipes5 Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 pm

In the end of the book, readers were led to believe that the spy had fallen into the pot, or at least this is what I got out of it. On the last page it says, "A crack! A howl! A watery splash!" This leads me to believe that the branch that the spy was hiding on above the pot broke, causing the "crack." His scream as he was falling into the pot was the "howl." And the "watery splash" was him falling into the water of the pot. This situation is quite ironic, as throughout the book the spy's goal was to figure out what was inside of Kulfi's cooking, and in the end it was him. The author may not have specifically told us what fell into the pot because she wanted us to come up with our own conclucions. It was a way to leave the readers thinking about the book after they finished reading it.

Also, If anyone thinks it was something other than the spy, what do you think it was and why?

Bipes5

Back to top Go down

Post  allysonbrianna Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Bipes5 wrote:In the end of the book, readers were led to believe that the spy had fallen into the pot, or at least this is what I got out of it. On the last page it says, "A crack! A howl! A watery splash!" This leads me to believe that the branch that the spy was hiding on above the pot broke, causing the "crack." His scream as he was falling into the pot was the "howl." And the "watery splash" was him falling into the water of the pot. This situation is quite ironic, as throughout the book the spy's goal was to figure out what was inside of Kulfi's cooking, and in the end it was him. The author may not have specifically told us what fell into the pot because she wanted us to come up with our own conclucions. It was a way to leave the readers thinking about the book after they finished reading it.

Also, If anyone thinks it was something other than the spy, what do you think it was and why?

Very, very good analysis. I do believe that the author left it unexplained to add even more to the mystery of the book in general. Another theory could be that the guava with the birthmark fell into the water?
allysonbrianna
allysonbrianna

http://www.threadsforteens.com

Back to top Go down

Post  natty1717 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 am

Katie, you did a good job of analyzing what the author wrote and proving your point through literary features and quotes.

natty1717

Back to top Go down

Post  natty1717 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 am

Katie, you did a good job of analyzing what the author wrote and proving your point through literary features and quotes.

natty1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum