Ursuline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man VS Nature

2 posters

Go down

Man VS Nature Empty Man VS Nature

Post  TalPal Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 pm

So I know I didn't come up with this but I found it fascinating. Could this be the theme Desai was trying to get across to us? That everything has to come full circle, and everything that happened was a result of putting it back into balance? What do you guys think??

"The main issue Desai confronts in Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard is that of nature versus civilization . . . Nature cannot escape man's encroachment for long, and as the throngs of pilgrims grow, and the orchard begins to resemble a city, the monkeys return to their malicious ways . . . It is as though the monkeys represent the wrath of nature in the face of the people's defacement of it. Nature has come full circle, and man must face the consequences of his autocratic treatment of nature.

full description at:
http://www.novelguide.com/a/bgly_study_guides/hullabaloo_in_the_guava_orchard_SOCIAL_SENSITIVITY.html
TalPal
TalPal

Back to top Go down

Man VS Nature Empty Re: Man VS Nature

Post  Sinead13 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Wow TalPal, this is a really good point. I never thought of it this way. Its almost like the theory of karma. Eventually the world must be balanced out. If you do somehing bad, eventually you will be punished. Thanks for finding this, its really a good point!

Sinead13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum