Ursuline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sampath's insipid life

3 posters

Go down

Sampath's insipid life Empty Sampath's insipid life

Post  kelseyg13 Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 pm

How does the author, Kiran Desai, use hyperboles to dramatize some of the more mundane events in Sampath's life? Why do you think that she chose to do this?

kelseyg13

Back to top Go down

Sampath's insipid life Empty hyperboles make things exciting

Post  claire4 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 pm

i think that some of sampaths life (especially in the beginning) are really boring and very basic. all authors have to draw in audience somehow. i think that the authors use of exaggeration and crazy situation makes this book funny, ironic, and intriguing. Hyperboles were just the way the author spiced things up in the novel. it made it more exciting and not so boring which is the point of literary devices isnt it?

claire4

Back to top Go down

Sampath's insipid life Empty hyperboles make things exciting

Post  claire4 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 pm

i think that some of sampaths life (especially in the beginning) are really boring and very basic. all authors have to draw in audience somehow. i think that the authors use of exaggeration and crazy situation makes this book funny, ironic, and intriguing. Hyperboles were just the way the author spiced things up in the novel. it made it more exciting and not so boring which is the point of literary devices isnt it?

claire4

Back to top Go down

Sampath's insipid life Empty Re: Sampath's insipid life

Post  natty1717 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:25 am

Kelsey, I think that the author used hyperboles to interest and entertain the reader. Also I think that if the author had not used hyperboles the beginning of the book would have been very dull.

natty1717

Back to top Go down

Sampath's insipid life Empty Re: Sampath's insipid life

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down